vrijdag 12 oktober 2012

Scraptastic 2012 in a nutshell



Finally the late noon of October 4th was there... Time for Jolande van Oosterhout and me to jump in the car and drive over to Gent (Belgium) for a great weekend full of workshops.

Friday we started out with Donna Downey's workshop called "She is Strength". A workshops with a lot of techniques.
(click to enlarge)
What I think is great about Donna's workshops is that's she really knows al about the products she's using. You can ask her just about everything about it and she'll now the answer to your question.

Next we had two workshops of Anna Dabrowska (a.k.a. Finnabair): "Splash" and "Industrial Broque".
Now "Splash" I really loved, but -as I told Anna after finishing the "Industrial Broque" workshop- I had a change of mind: I liked the "Splash" class and I loved the "Industrial Broque" workshop!
It was so great to create such a page. As some of you may know I'm very critical about what I make, but this really loved the page I made in this class. Sure, I didn't make it ton sur ton, but hey... that'll probably come when I'm working with these techniques at home.

("Splash", click to enlarge)
What I also loved about Anna's classes was that literally everyone made something really different. There was no room for copy cats (you wouldn't be able to copy even if you'd try anyway).

("Industrial Broque", click to enlarge)


Since I thought two workshops given by Anna weren't enough, I had a third one planned the next morning: "Prima goes Inky". Just as all the other classes Jolande joined me. I'm so glad I was also part of this class, I wouldn't have want to miss it for the world.
In this class we made book covers for a journal.

("Prima goes Inky", click to enlarge)


Later that day we had a double workshop given by Donna Downey, but I have to say that class was not my cup of tea. I guess I should've known better: paints and I don't really mix.


That evening Tanya Watts showed us how we could use Ranger's Colorwash, Distress Stains, Dylusions and Distress Markers.

Sunday, time flies...
We started of with a workshop given by Iris Babao Uy. She showed us how to make your own background on a layout by using all different kind of techniques.

Last but not least we went to a worksop given by Corinne Delis: "How to make Awesome Self Portraits". Well, I guess the title says it all. With just a little tips and trics Corinne showed us how to make self portraits. Yeah sure, you can make a self portrait without taking any class, but do you know how to make one without clearly seeing it is a self portrait and not use a tripod?! Well, now I can. Sure, I need just a little more practice to make it perfect, but I'll get there...

After Corinne's class it was time for us to hit the road back to the Netherlands. After dropping of Jolande at here place I headed for my own home sweet home meanwhile thinking back of the great weekend I've had and thinking of how to use all the techniques I've learned.

Toodles,

16 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik kan het niet vaak genoeg zeggen, wat een schitterende projecten heb je gemaakt! Prachtig om naar te kijken en weer heel leuk om je verslag te lezen.
    xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een geweldige projecten zeg! Het ziet er allemaal super uit, ingewikkeld, maar wel geweldig!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Had je werk al op FB van commentaar voorzien, maar hier nogeens dunnetjes over.....Wat heb je leuke projecten gemaakt daar in België !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat leuk zo al die werkstukken van je op een rijtje....(ik mis er een :) Prachtig op de foto gezet trouwens..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Erg leuk om je verslag te lezen!!! Zo'n weekend lijkt me ook wel wat moet ik zeggen!
    Mooie dingen heb je gemaakt!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Dat lijkt me geweldig zo een weekend met workshops.
    Mooie projecten zijn er gemaakt.


    Groetjes Jenny

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Dat ziet er uit als een geweldig leuk weekend en wat een gave projecten heb je gemaakt. Super, joh!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Ziet er allemaal super uit zeg!! Prachtig! Klinkt heel gaaf zo'n weekend!
    groetjes,Brenda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Echt prachtig allemaal, wat een mooie resultaten van de tehnieken die je hebt gebruikt. Lijken me erg leuke workshops.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Jolan, ik vind het stuk voor stuk schitterende creaties,super!!!!!

    lieve groetjes Nita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. ik vind toch dat ze heel mooi zijn al is het je ding niet .
    groet Rianne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Kleurencombi niet, de techniek zelf wil mijzelf absoluut eigen gaan maken.

      Verwijderen
  12. Ooooooooooh, ik ben werkelijk zéééér jaloers op jullie!!! Wat een geweldige workshops van deze grootheden. Het is wel een felicitatie waard en je hebt prachtig werk gemaakt!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Echt geweldige projecten, super gedaan!!! En dat weekend lijkt mij ook heel erg leuk!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Wat is dat een mooie project je heb super werk gemaakt!

    groetjes Lida

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. It was nice to meet you Jolanda :-)
    Your artwork turns out georgeous and I loved Anas workshop as much as you did.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...