woensdag 19 november 2014

It's been a while...: "I Love Us"

Well, I guess it really has been a while since my last blog message. Due to some private medical stuff, followed by a whole lot of visits to the vet with our cat Homeboy (R.I.P.) and a lack of mojo, I haven't done anything creative. Lately I had this feeling that I should really start making visits to my scraproom again and so I finally did last weekend.

I started out with this small canvas just to try and get familiair again with scrapbooking and all that's related to it.

 photo Iloveus-I_zps663fe114.jpg
Supplies: canvas, gesso, "Studio of Memories" by Pion Design, Tim Holtz dies ("Worldplay", "Heart Wings"), TCW template "Mini Tile Texture", butterfly embellishmentsby Melissa Frances, Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, tule, cord, buttons, stamps by Stampers Anonymous and Prima Marketing, flowers.

 photo Iloveus-III_zps9b0720f4.jpg


 photo Iloveus-IV_zpsa16622a8.jpg


 photo Iloveus-II_zpsfe9d6569.jpg
 I have to say that I liked the result, but I'm still a bit rusty. There were some moment that I felt I had to reinventi the things I was once so used of doing, but it will come to me.

Another thing that I haven't done for a long, long time is baking cakes. Not that I used to do that on a weekly basis, but I think I haven't baked a cake and 'played' with marsepin and/or fondant in about almost two years. It as fun doing it again.
 photo 8e_zpsf27d07d4.jpg

Since I want to gain any weight, I'm not going to make a cake every week/month, but I am going to make some more of them.

It's funny to see that my scrapbooking style kind of resembles the way I like to decorate a cake.

Well, that's all for now.
Until next time.

Toodles,

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtig je kaart en je taart die bloemen!!! Ge-wel-dig! Alles goed verder Jolanda, leuk dat je weer lekker bezig bent.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Een prachtige kaart! En de taart ziet er ook geweldig uit! Dat doe ik je niet na!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Super mooie kaart!
    Wat een geweldige bloemen op je taart, super!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Goed je weer te zien in Blogland, Jolanda!
    En meteen weer met super leuke projecten. De taart ziet er errug yummie uit....krijg meteen zin in wat lekkers bij de thee :o)
    En je canvas is weer als vanouds met allerlei prachtige details. Heel mooi gedaan!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Prachtige canvas Jolanda!
    En die taart .... tja .... die ziet er erg lekker uit!

    Greetz,
    Maureen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...